[Zope] Which database?

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Mon Nov 29 16:50:08 EST 2004

Hi,

Gosh... Never Ever... I guess MySQL should close up shop...

Your question of Databases is actually quite personal to your project...
What do you need?   Speed/Throughput, ease-of-use, help resources,
deployment tools, robust SQL...

The nice thing about MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Firebird, is they are all
avaiable to try out.   I like MySQL's minimalist approach for RDBMS, it
fits the needs of a project of mine, and the damn thing screams.

You should hit the MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc. mailing lists, and ask a few
questions with your needs in mind.

Spend some time outlining your needs, and you'll reap the benefits down
the road...

-Jon

Make a list