[Zope] using xml-rpc with javascript to access zope

Laura McCord Laura.McCord at doucet-austin.com
Tue Oct 5 17:30:19 EDT 2004

Help.

I am so lost and frustrated. I am using xml-rpc with server-side perl
modules and subroutines. But, I do not know how to access
these through javascript so I can spit out the results from my zope page
template. I have been using a client-side python script to access these
subrountines and creating external methods to use them in my zpt, but
now I need to use one of these subroutines though an 'onclick'. And of
course, I have learned the hard way that zope can not be accessed
directly through javascript. I have also been told that Epoz uses
javascript in this way but after looking at Epoz I am completely lost
and do not know where to start.

I am hoping that someone knows a simple or basic way of doing this for
someone like me that is a new programmer.

Thank You.