[Zope] picture as parameter for an external method

VIGNAUX Philippe philippe.vignaux at africamuseum.be
Mon Oct 11 05:58:45 EDT 2004

Hi !

Is there a way to pass a picture (extension JPG)  as a parameter of an
external method.

It seem to be the case as read on the internet but for me it doesn't
work !

My zope config :  Zope 2.6.4 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86),
python 2.1.3, win32

This is the problem :

1) I've got a page template where I can choose a picture thru a < file >
object :

<input type="file" name="filename">

2) This page template calls a python scripts

request=context.REQUEST

context.my_external_function( original_id=request['filename'] )

#context.my_external_function( request['filename'] )

3) my_external_function is defined in an appropiate module in the <
Extensions > folder of my zope installation

def my_external_function (self, original_id):

     pass

PROBLEM :   when i run the process i get an error :

exceptions.AssertionError

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 106, in publish
*	Module Zope.App.startup, line 225, in abort
*	Module ZODB.Transaction, line 135, in abort
*	Module ZODB.Connection, line 256, in abort

When i configure the whole thing to pass a normal parameter (text), it
works normally ;  so obviously the problem is when trying to pass a
picture.

Any idea ????

Thanks

Philippe