[Zope] endless loop at startup?

Niklas Saers niklasmls at saers.com
Tue Oct 12 11:56:14 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I'm running FreeBSD 5.3 and Zope 2.7.2 from ports. I start Zope as a
root:

# bin/zopectl start
. . . daemon process started, pid=3795

all seems fine. However, trying to connect at port 80, the connection just
times out after the request has been sent (tested also by telnet to port
80 and typing in the get request, connection just closes without any
output). This is what top(1) has to say about the process:

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
 3867 www      139    0 25836K 24708K RUN      0:26 86.72% 86.72% python
 3795 root      76    0  7164K  4096K select   0:00  0.00%  0.00% python

One python process consumes about half a minute worth of cpu time before
it seems to be killed and spawned over again.

What can I be doing wrong? There is something going right as well as I can
do bin/zopectl -i and fool around there, so I think something is running.
How can I debug to find out what's causing this heavy load?

Cheers

	Nik