[Zope] Re: Site goes funny when I logout

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Wed Oct 13 00:21:05 EDT 2004

Peter Millar wrote:
> When I logout of my site the page goes crazy ... The layout is all over
> the place, the images don't render etc and I can no longer use the
> site(links don't work) until I shut down the browser and reopen.
>
> I am running plone/zope on windows behind apache.  The problem only just
> started after I modified the rewrite rules to be something like
>
> RewriteEngine on
>
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^www\.parasyn\.com.au$
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://ip:port/VirtualHostBase/http/www.parasyn.com.au:80/corp/VirtualHo
> stRoot/$1 [P]
>
> Previously I did not have the rewritecond %(HTTP_HOST) in the rewrite
> rule, and the site worked fine, previously though I was using a
> different url too.

I don't use RewriteCond when I put Zope behind Apache;  I use name-based
virtual hosting instead, e.g.:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.parasyn.com.au
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.parasyn.com.au:80/corp/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
</VirtualHost>

Note the 'L,' in the flags at the end of the rewrite rule, as well, and
that they are all one line (my mailer is forcing a two wraps there).

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com