[Zope] Sending an alarm message to all logged-in users

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Oct 17 12:14:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

Am So, den 17.10.2004 schrieb Dennis Allison um 17:52:
> Occasionally I have wished for a mechanism that would allow me to write
> all logged-in users.  Of course, this could be acomplished with an
> explicit test, but making the test costs a lot of overhead.   Is there a
> better way?

HTTP is stateless. There is no such thing like "logged in".
Calls are only send from client to server, never the
other way round. Thus, you cannot "send" something to all
users.

You can only put your information in place and hope it
gets picked up by the user. Control the process of picking
up by means of session.

HTH
Tino