[Zope] Issue using Apache 2 behind Zope2.7 and Virtual Host

ALAUZET Patrice SZSIC35 - BOM Patrice.ALAUZET at interieur.gouv.fr
Tue Oct 19 10:21:46 EDT 2004

Thank you for trying helping me...

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra wrote:
> [ ALAUZET Patrice SZSIC35 - BOM <Patrice.ALAUZET at interieur.gouv.fr> ]:
> | > Hello to you all
>
>>I try to use Zope 2.7.x behind Apache 2.0.x under Linux (kernel 2.6.x)
>
> -
>
>>Mandrake 10 .
>

> I have an Apache 2.0.50 + Linux 2.6.3 + Mdk 10 + Zope 2.7.2 working
> fine, so it is probably not a compatibility problem.
> Sounds like a configuration glitch.

I think so... :-(

>>Zope works fine alone : ip 192.168.1.1 on port 8090/myzopeinstance
>>Apache works fine alone : ip 192.168.1.1 on port 80
>>I've create under Linux other IP addresses (i.e. 192.168.1.10) on the
>
> same
>
>>NIC and all works fine.
>

> You might need this for other purposes, because it is not necessary for
> running Apache+Zope.

Yes, it's only for security reasons. I want all my user to watch only in
the URL of the browser : IP address 192.168.1.10 with port 80 (I don't
want them to watch the "true" IP address (192.168.1.1) of the website.

>>I want to call the virtual IP adress 192.168.1.10:80 and access to my
>
> Zope
>
>>instance
>

> Have you installed mod_proxy and mod_rewrite when installing Apache ?

Yes, I have.

>>(it will be the only address and port number
>>that appear in the browser, due to security reason across the
>
> routers), but
>
>>I have only the text in my web page.
>

> Sorry, but I did not quite understood what you meant above.

I mean, when I call the website, in my browser, only appears the text of
my home page. The pictures don't appear, and HTML link don't work. When
I click through a link I got the message : the document contains no data.

>>My pictures don't appear, and when I clic to some links on my web
>
> page, the
>
>>browser (Mozilla) tells me :
>>the document contains no data. Have I forgoten some "aliases" ?
>>For testing, i've tried to do the same stuff with "manage" instead of
>>"myzopeinstance" and I've in my browser
>>only the 3 blank frames, with three times "the document contains no
>
> data"
>
>>(but first the browser ask me the login and password).
>>Where am I wrong ?
>

>>On my Apache config commonhttp.conf :
>>NameVirtualHost *:80
>><VirtualHost 192.168.1.10:80>
>>    DocumentRoot /usr/local/Zope-2.7.0/myzopeinstance/
>>    ServerSignature On
>>    RewriteEngine On
>>    RewriteRule ^/(.*)
>>

> http://localhost:8090/VirtualHostBase/http/192.168.1.1:80/myzopeinstance
> /Vir
>
>>tualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]
>

> Try this:
>
> 192.168.1.1 -> 192.168.1.10 (supposing this is the internet visible IP)
>

> http://localhost:8090/VirtualHostBase/http/192.168.1.10:80/myzopeinstanc
> e/Vir
>
>>tualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

I've tested that, but it seems the website loops back !

In fact it seems to be impossible to do an IP address translation and
ports translation at the same time. You can have multiple IP address on
the same port, or one IP address with lot of ports. May be I have a bad
config in apache.

I think i've resolve the issue, by assigning my zope instance to the
virtual IP address (192.168.1.10) in etc/zope.conf (directive
ip-address). My apache config seems to work, because in this case I only
do a port translation.

> regards,
> Senra

Best regards.