[Zope] Session to session id to session

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Oct 20 14:32:36 EDT 2004

Peter Bengtsson wrote at 2004-10-20 16:38 +0100:
>        return str(self.REQUEST.SESSION.id)
>
>Then in another context but under the same zope instance, this id that
>mylogin() returns will be passed to another method. That other method
>should try to get the session object back if not expired. How do I do
>that?

You use methods of "Products.Transience.Transience.TransientObjectContainer"
on the instance at "temp_folder/session_data" (this is the
"TransientObjectContainer" used for sessions -- until you change
the configuration).

Of course, the relevant methods are private (you should not
look into sessions of other persons). Thus, you can use
them only from trusted code...

--
Dieter