[Zope] Accessing a macro slot from Python

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Oct 20 13:46:12 EDT 2004

Bryn Thomas wrote at 2004-10-19 21:39 +0200:
>I never realised that the scope of the local
>metal:params extended all the way within the tag block.

This is a weakness of "metal". In fact, metal macros should have explicit
arguments, in addition to the content arguments named "slot"s.

>I see by your example that you use <metal:params tal:define="variablename
>python:22"> to set variablename to be an integer of 22. I've used the Zope
>"variablename string:mystring" syntax to set a variable to be a string, and
>I then tried several combinations of things like "variablename int:myint"
>and "variablename integer:myint" etc etc, with no success. Assumedly then
>you use the syntax "variablename python:mynonstringvariable" to set
>variables of pretty much any non-string type.

Yes.

Reading the "tal/tales" description in the Zope Book
(2.6 or 2.7 edition, online) should help you to get
an understanding of the possibilities of "tal/tales".

--
Dieter