[Zope] Re: permissions problem writing file from External Method?

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Fri Oct 29 13:22:10 EDT 2004

Bill Seitz wrote:
> I've checked that
> * zope is running as user=zope (which is the sole member of group=zope)
> * the attributes of the folder I'm trying to write into are:
> drwxrwxrwx    2 lii      lii          4096 Oct 28 09:41 logs
>
> Shouldn't that be fine?

Try the following:

   # su - zope
   $ touch /home/lii/logs/notifyAdtSeq.txt

If that fails, then I would look at '/home/lii', and ensure that the
zope user has execute on that directory (the user needs that permission
to be able to traverse a directory).

If that *doesn't* fail, then I am out of ideas.  An OS-level permission
error is the only thing which explains the traceback you saw.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com