[Zope] Lost the path to my DTMLFile in my product

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Wed Sep 1 13:35:13 EDT 2004

Yeah, I know....

I moved my product from Windows to Linux... and the globals() parameter
used in Globals.DTMLFile is still using my Windows setup to determine
the Path for my Zope Products DTML resources.

How do I get Zope to update this global and look at the linux
filesystem.  The usage of the DTMLFile calls for a relative folder
definition, which I have, it's "base" path is defined by Zope.

New instances pick up the correct path, imported "old" instances do
not... this would be a big problem when I want to move this setup to the
next machine.

-Jon Cyr
 cyrj at cyr.info

The Count wrote: On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:06:25 -0500, Jonathan Cyr
<cyrj at cyr.info> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I moved my environment to Linux, Zope is still looking on my old
> heirarchy.

different OS have different ways to handle
 - new lines (i.e. '\n' || '\r\n'
 - filepaths (i.e. 'C:\' || '/usr/local/src/')

> Error Log Snippet:
>
> 2004-08-31T07:23:24 PROBLEM(100) ZPublisher DTML file
> 'C:\Apollo1-Zope-271\Products\WWWedding\dtml/index_html.dtml' could
> not be read

                                   this aint on linux? :
^^^                ^        ^         ^but^^^ : this is!

Probably you've got the location hardcoded into the source? Or you
append "\" by default?