[Zope] zope generating page with old data

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Thu Sep 2 11:33:32 EDT 2004

From: "Florian Reiser" <florian_reiser at gmx.de>
> > It could be that you are seeing a cached page.  Make sure you set the
html
> > tags so that the page is not cached/expired immediately.
>
> I thought of that at first, too.
> But the resulting table looks like that, if it fails:
>
> "record 1" | actual timestamp
> "record 2" | actual timestamp
> "record 3" | actual timestamp
> "record 4" | old timestamp
> "record 5" | actual timestamp
>
> This doesn't look like a cached page from the browser.
> The sql methods are set to do no caching.
>
> What else could it be?
> > From: "Florian Reiser" <florian_reiser at gmx.de>
> > > I have a page, that executes a job which calculates some numbers and
> > then
> > > displays the resulting data in a table.
> > > The time of the calculation is recorded for each record in the db with
> > > timestamp.
> > >
> > > Sometimes zope displays the timestamp of the previous calculation,
> > mostly
> > > that of the actual calculation, which would be right.
> > >
> > > What can cause Zope to display the timestamp of the previous
> > calculation.

May be a silly question, but...  are you sure the data records in the db
have the correct timestamp?

If your db records are ok, then my next guess, assuming you are using a
single call/routine to generate the table, would be that your db retrieval
code is pulling up an old record (db caching somewhere?).

Jonathan