[Zope] Zope thread failure

Jim Anderson ezjab at verizon.net
Thu Sep 2 16:45:14 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem with Zope and I'm hoping
someone has seen a similar problem and can give
a direction to look next. At this point, I'm totally
baffled at the problem.

I have a muli-thread application. I recently added
a python class and derived it from SimpleItem to
make the class persistent in the Zope DB. As soon
as I did this, Zope started to fail on me, giving
me the traceback shown in the attachment.

Let's call the class 'info'. It is instantiated
in a class 'person' and all instances of class
person exist in the folder called 'personcontainer'.

I checked the initialization and the folder gets
properly populated with all 'person' objects.

If the class in is defined:

class Info:

all runs well, but my instances are not persistent.

If the class is defined:

class Info(SimpleItem):

then when the program iterates on the objects
in the personcontainer, using

   personcontainer.objectItems()

no person instances are found.

Thanks for any help, suggestions and thoughts.

Jim Anderson