[Zope] Populate textarea from lines property w/TAL - without adding blank line?

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 03:42:27 EDT 2004

Aloha,

--- Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:

> The most natural way works:
>
> <textarea name="lines:lines">
> <tal:span repeat="line here/lines" content="line"/>
> </textarea>

Thanks, that does work, if I change it thusly:

<textarea name="lines:lines">
<tal:span repeat="line here/lines" content="line"/></textarea>

...otherwise the newline before </textarea> ends up in the textarea as
with my previous code.

I thought I was finally getting somewhat familiar with TAL, but I have
not seen this syntax:

> <tal:span repeat="line here/lines" content="line"/>

I have only seen this sort of syntax:

and

does not work here...

...so your simple solution is not at all natural to me - can you please
explain or tell me where there is an explanation of this differnt
syntax?

thanks,
John S.