[Zope] Re: Moving from Linux to FreeBSD - problems with old Zope instances

Jochen Knuth J.Knuth at ipro.de
Fri Sep 3 08:52:37 EDT 2004

Hello Gitte,

Gitte Wange schrieb:
> Hello,

> Now I suspect python to be the problem here. With Zope-2.7 you needed to
> compile python with bigger thread size on BSD in order for it to work.
> Do I need to compile python with anything special to make them work with
> older Zope instances (I'm using python 2.1.3 for this).

you need to compile the python 2.1.3 with the bigger thread size.
you can use the lang/python21 port or the precompiled package. If you
want to use a self compiled python 2.1, look at the
patch-Python-thread_pthread.h-stacksize file in the
ports/lang/python21/files/ directory for the bigger thread size patch.

> I really don't get this but I'm sure there is some reasonable
> explanation once I figure out what is happening :-)
>
> Greetings,
> Gitte Wange

Ciao,
Jochen
Jochen Knuth          WebMaster http://www.ipro.de
IPRO GmbH             Phone ++49-7152-93330
Steinbeisstr. 6       Fax ++49-7152-933340
71229 Leonberg        EMail: J.Knuth at ipro.de