[Zope] Integrating Zope with Excel.

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Sep 3 12:43:49 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 09:49:46AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:

> >>...but this doesn't. Have you upped the number to work threads to > 16?
> >
> >Nope. This was a 2.7.2 server with the default 4 threads.
>
> Hmmm, then I'd hypothesise that only 4 of those threads were connected
> to Zope, with the other other 12 waiting to connect to Zope.
> Do you have any evidence which could back this up, or prove it wrong?

Doesn't sound right, because why was another browser able to
browse the site just fine with no noticeable performance issues?
I'm quite sure it wasn't caching, there's no squid or anything
here and I was visiting pages that hadn't been visited before.

Unfortunately I don't really have time to investigate this
further.  If I did, I'd probably set up a 2.6.2/py-2.1.3 test server
and see what behavior I get there (IIRC that was the platform
on which the hanging behavior was observed).

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com