[Zope] Why Plone catalog indexes file added through "Zope" and "Plone" in different ways?

vaibhav uprety uprety_vaibhav at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 8 08:20:56 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am stuck in a very peculiar situation.

I have added some files through the ZMI's "ADD Menu"
and some files through "PLONE".
I want to make all of these files searchable through
the search button in plone.
However i found that in the plone catalog
(portal_catalog) indexing of the files that are added
through the ZMI is different from that of the files
added through plone.
For example,I uploaded a file providing a "title" and
"id" using Zope Management interface but found the
"title" of the file with some other value in the
portal catalog.
  Title  Portal  (this value is wrong)
  Type   Plone Site
  id     mysql blob  (This is correct)

However when i added a "file" through Plone, the
catalog showed different values for file
  Title  mysql blob  (correct in this case)
  Type  File
  id  PhotoTransfer1.java (this is the file i
uploaded)

Is the way in which files are cataloged different?
Or am i doing something wrong.
I need a standard way to "catalog files" so that files
are displayed in the search result irrespective of
their adding method.

Please help me to correct this problem !!