[spam] [spam] Re: [Zope] Zope 2.7.2 Service support under WinNT 4.0

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 03:18:11 EDT 2004

Hi Andy,

Andy McKay wrote:
>>> Failing that, I'd be interested to know if anyone /is/ successfully
>>> using this combination of Zope and Windows versions?
>
>> Forgot the 3rd question - is Windows NT 4.0 sp6a still an /officially/
>> supported platform?
>
> I've heard of this error with the Plone Installer as well, if you do fix
> it let me know so I can put a note on the plone site.

OK - FWIW, this is a Zope *and* Plone installation.

I've boned up on problems others are having with Zope/Plone, and their
install issues seem /not/ to be due to this problem. However, I have
found others using Python's Windows service extensions having the same
issue.

Am highly motivated to figure out a fix - this kind of dumb insolence
drives me wild!

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"Work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation." - Alasdair Gray