[Zope] Py_BuildValue Error

Travis Miller travis at ctln.org
Thu Sep 9 10:26:56 EDT 2004

On Sep 8, 2004, at 3:11 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Travis Miller wrote at 2004-9-8 07:29 -0500:
>>   File "/opt/Zope/SoftwareHome272/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line
>> 411, in commit
>>     state=object.__getstate__()
>> SystemError: NULL object passed to Py_BuildValue
>
> Apparently, some C level extensions is buggy.
>
> You must find out the class of "object" above.
>
> The easiest way to do this is to catch the exception
> and print or (better) log "str(object.__class__)" in the
> "except" clause.
> Do not forget to reraise the exception afterwards.

you'll see from my later posts in the thread that the object seems to
be of class BTrees.IOBTree.IOBTree

i determined this from logging (following your suggestion in a previous
thread) and the different traceback provided by the zmi error_log.

our zeo setup is running on 3 boxes, 1 box for each ZCS and 1 box for
the ZSS. restarting the ZCSs and the ZSS seemed to have no effect. the
errors immediately started occuring after the zopes restarted. however,
rebooting the systems this morning seemed to make the errors go away
for now. they've been running for ~1hr with no Py_BuildValue errors.

thanks,
travis