[Zope] Zope4Intranets problems

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 23:09:32 EDT 2004

[scott lewis]
> Does anyone have any help or advice on Zope4Intranets, or can anyone
> offer me any insight into the contents of the full manual? I need only
> the first few steps, but Zope Corp. seems reluctant or unable to
> supply these.

Can you characterize what it is you're stuck on?  Installing Z4I on
Windows is a two-step process:

1. First install Zope for Windows, by clicking on the Zope installer .exe.
2. Then install Z4I, by clicking on the Z4I installer .exe.

A subtlety is that, in step #1, you should *not* accept the Zope
installer's offer to run Zope as a Windows service.  You *do* want to
accept the Z4I installer's offer to run Z4I as a Windows service.  If
you accept both offers, things get confused.

That's about it.  It's much harder to set up on Linux (compared to
clicking a couple buttons, what wouldn't be ...), so you need a few
pages of text there to explain all those steps.