[Zope] Re: MailBoxer + Kerio

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Sep 10 17:32:45 EDT 2004

Kyle Mott wrote:
> Hi. I'm looking for some type of 'imap-to-zope-gateway' script. It
> should interface with MailBoxer [http://mjablonski.zope.de/MailBoxer/],
> I talked to the developer and he has heard rumors that these scripts
> exist. The standard 'smtp2zope.py' won't work because our MailServer
> (Kerio) won't allow us to pipe messages to a file. Does anyone know
> where I can find this, or another alternative?

Here's one 5-minute-hacked script for talking to pop3 and forwarding
mails to MailBoxer, maybe this will give you an idea how to do this with
imap too... Python is so easy..:)

Cheers, Maik

import poplib, urllib, time

mailboxerUrl = 'http://localhost:8080/PathToMailBoxer/manage_mailboxer'
pop3server = 'pop.server.net'
pop3user = 'popuser'
pop3passwd = 'secret'

while 1:
     pop3 = poplib.POP3(pop3server)
     pop3.user(pop3user)
     pop3.pass_(pop3passwd)
     for i in range(len(pop3.list()[1])):
         msg = ""
         for j in pop3.retr(i+1)[1]:
             msg += j + "\n"
         print msg
         params = urllib.urlencode({'Mail':msg})
         f = urllib.urlopen(mailboxerUrl, params)
         pop3.dele(i + 1)
     pop3.quit()
     time.sleep(60)