[Zope] Session set/read in same request

Dan Fairs monster at spiderplant.net
Mon Sep 13 14:00:11 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to set and then read a session variable on the same request.
Basically, I have a script which sets a session variable when called, and
then redirects back to a content item. That item's __bobo_traverse__ then
looks for this variable.

Trouble is, the variable I'm setting doesn't seem to be present when I
check it.

My 'setter' script looks like this:

if response == '1':
    context.REQUEST.SESSION['secure_acknowledge'] = 1
    context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(site.absolute_url())

The relevant lines in the site __bobo_traverse__ are:
response = self.REQUEST.RESPONSE
if not self.REQUEST.SESSION.has_key('secure_acknowledge'):
  zLOG.LOG(__name__, 0, "no ack")
  cr = self.portal_url.getPortalObject()[CONTENT_ROOT_NAME]
  response.redirect(cr.absolute_url() + '/secure_site_notice?came_from=%s'
% self.UID())
else:
  zLOG.LOG(__name__, 0, "ack")

... I always end up with 'no ack' in my log.

If I dump the contents of the SESSION just after the variable is set, then
I can see it - but it's gone by the time I actually want to process it!

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Dan