[Zope] Session set/read in same request

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Sep 14 21:40:33 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 15:48, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Chris McDonough wrote at 2004-9-13 14:18 -0400:
> >Zope sessioning data is transactional.  You are setting a session
> >variable in one database connection, and presumably before the
> >transaction that involves that connection has a chance to commit, you
> >are telling the browser to redirect,
>
> I do not believe this:
>
>   For normal requests (such that do not use "RESPONSE.write"),
>   the response is delivered to the client only after the
>   transaction has been committed.

You're right of course, thanks.

Then I have no good explanation.  The only other explanation I could
conceive of is that the redirect happens even if the page that sent it
raised an error (which would abort the transaction instead of committing
it).  I wonder if this can happen with some tortured use of the lock=1
parameter to RESPONSE.redirect.

- C