[Zope] Keyword indexes

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 15 14:59:38 EDT 2004

Garito wrote at 2004-9-14 20:45 +0200:
>I have a problem with Keyword index search
>If I search something like
>
>context.Catalog({'keywordindex': ['Value1', 'Value2']})
>
>Catalog returns me an OR search instead of an AND one

This is as it should be: "or" is the default operator.

Use "context.Catalog(keywordindex = {'query':[...], operator='and'})"
when you want to use the "and" operator.

>I find on the web that this is a know bug of keywordindex

The known bug is a different one: the "and" was implemented
in a wrong way (not sure, whether this is still the case).

>In the same message someone recomends managableindex from Dieter Maurer
>but when I try to install it I could see that OFolder is a requierement
>
>I need to reduce the number of installeds products

Why?

>PD: To Dieter: If Zope has Ordered Folder why don't you update
>managebleindex to use it instead of your OFolder?

Because it is not a problem for me that it uses "OFolder"...

Because I (and maybe others) have "ManagableIndex" instances
that would break when I replace "OFolder" by something else...

Because I cannot understand why someone is ready to install
"ManagableIndex" but not "OFolder"...

Because I use my time for real problems only :-)

--
Dieter