POSKeyErrors was Re: [Zope] Zope leaking memory?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 02:01:08 EDT 2004

[Chris McDonough]
> Did you (can you?) run the ZODB thru fsrefs.py by any chance before
> putting it into prod on the new branch... that should find all the
> dangling references.

And use fsrefs.py from the 2.7 branch.  Many improvements were made to
fsrefs.py, and, in fact, some of them were due to frustrations I had
trying to use the 2.7.2 fsrefs.py to analyze one of Richard's .fs
files!  In particular, "fsrefs.py -v" in 2.7.2 produced spurious
tracebacks for objects whose creation had merely been undone.  That's
repaired on the 2.7 branch.  The newer fsrefs.py also makes two
passes, so you get a complete report of dangling references.