[Zope] Technical Question - Where the Session Data Stored ?

kepes.krisztian kepes.krisztian at peto.hu
Fri Sep 17 04:26:19 EDT 2004

Hi !

My problem is that: I need to persistent store many form datas, because
I need to create multiple edit forms.

They are multiple forms, because the first is open the next, but in same
browser window, and when the second form opened, the first form is not
saved to database, only stored in persistent store.
And when the second form is closed by submit, the first form is showed,
and the first form's data is get from persistent store, not from database.

So it is usable for multiple edits. I don't want use popup windows for
this operation, popups are blocked in many machine.

I write this mechanism yesterday.
The first form is load the datas from outer database.
The first form's one button is store the first form's request to the
session with a special ID.
The second form is opened, and the special ID is stored.
When the second form is submitted (ok, or cancel), the second form is
store the result in session[special ID]['result'], and redirected to
first form with the special ID.
First form is see the special ID, and it is determine, that datas are
not get from database, they are get from session[special ID], and
session[special ID]['result'].

When the first form is saved (apply or ok), this state is saving to the
database, and next the datas are loaded from the database.

So:
Because I save the states to session, all of them are stored with unique
(new) key. While session is living, this parameters are not released,
because I don't know, when they are used (example: open a page in
multiple browser windows, and when the first is saved, the second is
hold same special ID).

The technical question: where the session data stored ?
Because it is memory, it is cause memory leak. When in file, it is not
problem.

So the question is: session is good for persistent data storing with
multiple forms, or I need to create an outer database table for these
operations ?

Thanx for help:
 ft

PS:
 Please write to my private mail address too, because I'm in digest mode.