[Zope] Subpath versus POST body

Dan Ellis dan.ellis at northlindsey.ac.uk
Fri Sep 17 04:34:12 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting two features to work together. I spent the
best part of a day trying to find uploaded POST data. I've seen lots of
references to a BODY attribute, but my request objects don't seem to
have one. Using REQUEST.stdin does seem to work, but only on
ExternalMethods, not PythonScripts. What is the correct way to access
POST data, and can it be done in PythonScripts?

Being forced to use ExternalMethods, then, I found I was unable to use
traverse_subpath, even with "##bind subpath=traverse_subpath" in my
external script. For a given object, /foo/bar (where bar is an external
method), a request to /foo/bar/123 would cause Zope to be unable to
publish the object.

Is it possible to use these two features together? (Preferably in a
PythonScript rather than an ExternalMethod.) If not, it looks like I'll
have to resort to using external methods and site access rules.

Zope version is 2.7.2.

Thanks,
Dan.

--