[Zope] Overhead of second instance of Zope

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Fri Sep 17 10:15:59 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 04:07:24PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On Freitag, 17. September 2004 15:03 Uhr +0100 John Poltorak
> <jp at warpix.org> wrote:
>

> > I was thinking of having two instances of Zope, one for test and one for
> > production on the same server.
> >How much overhead would a second instance
> > use just by starting it rather than using it?
> >

> This depends largely on your hardware and how much load your Zopes must
> handle.
>
> But in general it is not a good idea to have production and test server on
> the same machine.
> This applies to almost any software system (not only Zope).

Whilst I agree that running production and test apps on the same server is
not a good idea, sometimes needs must, so my question is about how much
extra overhead a second Zope instance will add. Site 1 and Site 2 will be
served by the same server. The question is whether they can be served by
different Zope instances without impacting markedly on performance.

--
John