[Zope] Overhead of second instance of Zope

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Sep 17 13:03:25 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 03:30:24PM +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> Negligible cpu time except for the requests that you throw at it.
>
> A few tens of megabytes of ram, plus whatever objects you load. ...

I'd advise checking out "whatever objects you load" before going
ahead with this plan. It might be only a few tens of MB as others have
noted; otoh, if you have a large ZODB and typical usage involves
many many objects loaded at once, you might find yourself up in
the hundreds.  My dev server is using 170 MB right now and
that's pretty typical for us.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com