[Zope] Getting started again (subdomain, user, logout)

Daniel Neugebauer Energiequant at gmx.de
Sat Sep 18 11:33:13 EDT 2004

Hi!

Last year I played a bit with Zope and built a homepage with it.
Unfortunately our shared host had to be re-installed and so I lost my
old settings. When they said they would have upgraded their servers
(Zope slowed down everything) now I decided to reinstall it.

However, I only have a backup of my old user-directory. It was hosted
under foo.bar.de - and here comes the problem: I can't manage to get
that working again. Whatever I try, I can't get Zope delivering
different root-dirs for www.bar.de and foo.bar.de. Since I'm getting "a
bit" confused while reading the documentation (I remember it took me
about a week last year to get it working because docs were so much
confusing I had to try out everything on my own) I messed Zope by
misconfiguring VHM: Suddenly I had a sub-directory as the root-directory
for admin _and_ my user-acc and saw no other possibility to fix it than
creating a new Zope-instance.

I remember Zope allowed different users to log in only into their own
root-dirs (subdomains) so they could not get to the real root. I also
don't know how I made that.

Now the next problem: I can't log out. No matter what I try, I'm still
logged in as admin and I'm not able to log in as a user. I really have
no clue why because it worked with the messed instance. (I'm using Opera
7.60)

I would use something else since I don't really need all features of
Zope but all CMS I can find are specialized on portals. (except typo3
but that's even more over-sized for my purposes (only me hosting a
single homepage) than Zope)

Thanks,
Daniel