[Zope] Getting started again (subdomain, user, logout)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Sep 19 16:16:02 EDT 2004

Daniel Neugebauer wrote at 2004-9-18 17:33 +0200:
>However, I only have a backup of my old user-directory. It was hosted
>under foo.bar.de - and here comes the problem: I can't manage to get
>that working again.

Looks like you should have documented *your* work...

>Whatever I try, I can't get Zope delivering
>different root-dirs for www.bar.de and foo.bar.de.

When you have an Apache in front of Zope, you usually
use an unconfigured VHM (Virtual Host Monster) instance in
your Zope and one Apache named Virtual Host per domain.
You use Apache Rewrite Rules (with "[P]" modifier) to
delegate requests for the various virtual hosts to the respective
Zope folders.

There is a HowTo at Zope.org.

Do not forget to document your own solution, in case
you need to redo it again.

>I remember Zope allowed different users to log in only into their own
>root-dirs (subdomains) so they could not get to the real root. I also
>don't know how I made that.

Maybe, you defined your users in local "acl_users" and
restricted the permissions in the root folder?

Read the Zope Book (2.6/2.7 edition, online).
You need background information when you really want to use
Zope...

>Now the next problem: I can't log out.

Learn about the difference between HTTP basic authentication
and cookie authentication. You could read the Web publishing
section of

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

Use either a UserFolder that supports Cookie authentication
or use CookieCrumber with any UserFolder.

--
Dieter