[Zope] Subpath versus POST body

Dan Ellis dan.ellis at northlindsey.ac.uk
Mon Sep 20 05:54:01 EDT 2004

Paul Winkler wrote:

>     request = self.REQUEST
>     subpath = request.get('traverse_subpath', '')

Hmm. That's not working for me. If I request /externalmethod, which for
testing purposes returns self.REQUEST.get('traverse_subpath', None),
then I get None back. If I request /externalmethod/test I get a "Cannot
locate object" error from Zope.

Just to reiterate: I'm trying to write a Python script which can both
handle a POSTed file (*not* from an HTML form) and utilise extra subpath
information. I don't much mind whether this is a PythonScript or an
ExternalMethod (although I'd prefer the former). If Zope can't do both
of these together, I don't see how it can be used for RESTful development.

Dan.

--
Dan Ellis <dan.ellis at northlindsey.ac.uk>
Computer Officer, North Lindsey College