[Zope] Let Zope chec a internal / external link

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Tue Sep 21 13:02:13 EDT 2004

<snip>
----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Koekenberg

Is is possible tolet Zope check if a link is correct.

Example:
I've a Photoalbum an news items. These are connected with a link. But whem i
move a news item to a archive, the link becomes broken. How can I prevent
this error ?

Is it also possible to check external links ? 'If a link doesn't exist
anymore there stilis a broken link on the website.
<snip>

There are some good tools out there that can check html links for you, such
as linklint (http://www.linklint.org/).

<snip>
Question Can I preven zop displaying broken links ?
<snip>

Zope doesn't know if an off-site url your are embedding in your html is live
or not (unless you test each link before you create the html - very ugly and
who knows how long the link will stay good for?!).

Jonathan