[Zope] Zope 2.7 Problems

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 24 15:19:01 EDT 2004

Ralph van den Houdt wrote at 2004-9-23 11:38 +0200:
>A while ago I started using Zope 2.7 instead of Zope 2.6. After this
>upgrade thing are not running as expected.
>
>Currently using Zope 2.7.2
>
>Problem 1) Zope crashes spontaniously
>After running for a while the zope server stops responding. When I check
>the server the main zope thread is killed and the subthreads are running
>  on there own without the parent proces.

What happened here is a fatal signal (usually SIGSEGV) that
hit one of you Zope threads.
A Python bug is responsible that Zope enters this broken state.

The bug will be fixed in Python 2.4.
A patch is available for Python 2.3 (but you must apply it yourself
and then regenerate Python).

The primary problem however it the fatal signal.
Attach your running Zope with "GDB" (read about its "attach" command).
Let Zope continue. When the fatal signal hits Zope, "GDB" will
get control and you can analyse the program state.

--
Dieter