[Zope] content.asp?content_category_id=1

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sun Sep 19 21:28:27 EDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 09:43:43AM +0100, John Poltorak wrote:

> How can I import a file called content.asp?content_category_id=1 to Zope?
>

> Neither that name or content.asp%3Fcontent_category_id=1 appear to be
> acceptable.

You can't.
Folders and other ObjectManagers check the ID before allowing you
to add the object. Among other things, they check this
regular expression:
Folders and other ObjectManagers check the ID before allowing you
to add the object. Among other things, they check against this
regular expression:

re.compile(r'[^a-zA-Z0-9-_~,.$\(\)# ]')

So anything not in those characters is illegal.
There are some other restrictions too.
See the checkValidID function in lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com