[Zope] Disgraceful

Garito garito at sistes.net
Fri Sep 24 20:14:42 EDT 2004

Asad Habib wrote:

>Paul, I appreciate all the time and effort you have invested in Zope and I
>also appreciate the investment of other members. However, I don't feel
>that any member has the right to be rude to another member because of
>their seniority. In fact, one would expect a senior member to serve as a
>role model for starters.
>
>In the past I have been snubbed by several members for reasons unknown
>to me(in particular, Jung and Maurer). These two seem to think that they
>own the group and have insulted me as well as others on numerous
>occasions. I appreciate their input and the time they have invested in
>Zope, but does this give them the right to abuse others?
>
>Also, on numerous occasions people have made assumptions about what I did
>or did not do before posting a question to the group. I usually spend a
>couple of hours trying to diagnose the problem myself before posting it to
>the group. However, the solution is sometimes not evident. Does this give
>other members the right to degrade me?
>
>This is the point that Mike was trying to make. Thanks for listening Paul.
>
>- Asad
>

>On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Paul Winkler wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 01:07:38PM -0400, Tiller, Michael (M.M.) wrote:
>>

>>><rant>
>>>This is such a bunch of bullshit.  I am so tired of "the answer is out
>>>there somewhere, why can't you find it yourself?" being the
>>>justification for not helping people who ask reasonable questions.  To
>>>add insult to injury Asad was being quite courteous (e.g. he went so far
>>>as to thank you for your initial response) and you guys just start
>>>jumping all over him.
>>>
>>>Please explain to me why the mailing list should be a
>>>solution-of-last-result???
>>>

>>It's not. But IMHO posting a perfectly valid solution in 10 minutes,
>>followed by a pointer to well-written documentation, and a hint
>>that the API is well documented in the source code (frequently it's
>>not so this is good to know!)... is a damn good response
>>and I don't think anybody should be faulted for that.
>>
>>In this case I think the wrong guy got jumped on for a general
>>trend of "solve my problem for me" posts.
>>To Asad:  I don't think you did anything wrong, but your second post
>>could have maybe been more informative (e.g. what's wrong with the
>>first solution?  have you read the Sessions chapter in the online zope
>>book?  Have you looked at the relevant parts of the API Reference?)
>>
>>Chill out folks, this is nothing to fight about.
>>
>>--
>>
>>Paul Winkler
>>http://www.slinkp.com

Hi all
I know these discusion not affected to me but you are flooding my mail
for nothing :-) ;-) :-P :-* O:-)
It's time to work, folks!!
Everyone has right to ask anything including stupidity, disgusting and
so one but
Everyone has right to not ask
Sometimes we are lazy because we don't search enough, that's correct.
Perhaps would be better if we find some new and better ways of write
manuals and search tools. I prefer constructivity (but I know human is
very complex animal)
In the other way, boys, everyone has a bad day. Respect is very
important and:
    1.- All you write here is public and time judge us
    2.- You are the inquire, relax yourself and be patient with someone
how probably save your professional life

For that, I propose: LET'S WORK A LITTLE?