[Zope] Disgraceful

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Sep 25 20:00:57 EDT 2004

> I can't help feeling that Zope needs a newbies list for people just
> starting out. It's just such a difficult product to get your head
> around
> and this is the only place to seek help, but the range of help sought
> may
> be from the plain dumb to the mostly highly complex, so I can see that
> the
> experts may get annoyed with seeing the same dumb questions popping up
> over and over again.

This newbie list issue has come up again and again. Interestingly, the
people who are repeatedly attacked as newbie unfriendly (Dieter Maurer,
Andreas Jung and others) are the ones who spend a large time answering
those newbie requests. Now my question is: Who among the knowledgeable
people do you think will participate in the newbies list if the newbies
seem to view surveying of existing docs as a huge imposition?

jens