[Zope] Re: Zope and stylesheets

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 28 08:36:28 EDT 2004

John Poltorak wrote:
> I've pulled something from the zope.org website which I want to
> iincorporate into my own but don't fully understand what is going on. Here
> are the lines:-
>
>     <link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css"
>           href="http://zope.org/ploneNS4.css" />
>
>     <!-- Main style sheets for CSS2 capable browsers -->
>
>     <!-- Custom style sheet if available -->
>

> I'm not very well up on stylesheets so apologies for my newbie questions,
> but how should I incorporate the lines above into my own website? Do I
> just need to import the files ploneNS4.css and ploneCustom.css into my own
> instance of Zope?

What do you want? I quess you want a look and feel similar to zope.org?

> And is it recommended to have a common stylesheets
> folder for all the websites served from a single Zope instance?

Stylesheets are usually very specific to a Web site and its HTML
structure, you rarely want to share the same CSS among different sites.
It doesn't make any difference to Zope if you share your CSS.

Have a look at the CSS-discuss Wiki, this site contains a lot of useful
information about CSS:
   <http://css-discuss.incutio.com/>

The code you cited above uses the @import hack.
   <http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=ImportHack>