[Zope] Re: Disgraceful

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Tue Sep 28 11:12:11 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 16:52, Estes, Chris - Virginia wrote:
> Perhaps a newbies list would help, as suggested below.  Maybe more of us
> should help with documentation, and with answering questions.  But public
> humiliation is a self-defeating strategy; it hinders progress for all.  I'll
> stop now, because I feel a political rant coming on.....

well.. the problem with newbie list is - usually newbies
use <productname>@<commondomain> and refuse to read on
if there are special mailing lists. So you would hardly
find newbies on that list. They would continue to ask
on the general list - well this list is for general
questions so this is nothing wrong.

Most of the advanced users capable of giving answers
would usually not subscribe to newbie lists because
they are subscribed to 120910910978098 lists already
and dont have the power and time for another bunch
of lists.

So best bet is newbies lern not only to use the product(s)
but also how to use mailinglists. Its not zope specific.

Regards
Tino