[Zope] Archetype or Product inheritance

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 29 14:57:45 EDT 2004

Bryan Simmons wrote at 2004-9-28 21:41 -0400:
>Suppose I have a zope product, or an Archetype-based content-type, like ATEvent.
>If I use __implements__ to define another content-type, will my new
>content-type inherit the
>ATEvent schema?

I do not think the "__implements__" does anything beside
a bit of documentation and support for a lookup by interface
during factory lookup (only used to create indexes, AFAIK)

It does not control schema extension...

Instead, you would define a new Archetype class
and use

  class MyNewATClass(BaseClass1, BaseClass2, ...):

    schema = schema1 + schema2 + ... + Schema(...)

The "schema_i" can be schemas from base classes or from somewhere
else.

--
Dieter