[Zope] setting flags

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 30 16:12:25 EDT 2004

John Poltorak wrote at 2004-9-29 19:56 +0100:
>I've just installed a Zope message board and am trying to get it working
>but get 'Resource not found' errors when trying to add a msg.
>
>I think the security is set up correctly, but the problem may be due to
>the 'integrated' flag not being set to 1...
>
>index_html says:-
>
>    If you want to integrate MessageBoard in your product you must set
>    'integrated' flag to 1.
>
>How/where do I set it to 1?
>
>I realise this will probably be in the Zope docs somewhere but have no
>idea what I should look for.

You may feel offended, but:

  You tell us about "some Zope message board" and hide which one...
  You should have been aware that this hiding prevents reliable
  suggestions...

  You tell us that this message board requires to
  set the "integrated" flag. This surely means *its* integrated
  flag.
  How you set this flag does not depend on Zope (it does not know
  anything about this "integrated" flag).
  How you can set it depends on how this message board is integrated.
  If it is integrated via inheritance, then overriding the
  flag in the deriving class will probably work.
  But, there are other ways of integration -- and we know
  too little about your "some message board"...

Keep in mind that you can only expect as good responses as
your questions are good.

--
Dieter