[Zope] setting flags

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Thu Sep 30 17:27:05 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 10:12:25PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote at 2004-9-29 19:56 +0100:
> >I've just installed a Zope message board and am trying to get it working
> >but get 'Resource not found' errors when trying to add a msg.
> >
> >I think the security is set up correctly, but the problem may be due to
> >the 'integrated' flag not being set to 1...
> >
> >index_html says:-
> >
> >    If you want to integrate MessageBoard in your product you must set
> >    'integrated' flag to 1.
> >
> >How/where do I set it to 1?
> >
> >I realise this will probably be in the Zope docs somewhere but have no
> >idea what I should look for.
>
> You may feel offended, but:
>
>   You tell us about "some Zope message board" and hide which one...
>   You should have been aware that this hiding prevents reliable
>   suggestions...
>
>   You tell us that this message board requires to
>   set the "integrated" flag. This surely means *its* integrated
>   flag.
>   How you set this flag does not depend on Zope (it does not know
>   anything about this "integrated" flag).
>   How you can set it depends on how this message board is integrated.
>   If it is integrated via inheritance, then overriding the
>   flag in the deriving class will probably work.
>   But, there are other ways of integration -- and we know
>   too little about your "some message board"...

At the time I wrote the msg I was only aware of a single message board
product for Zope and it is called MessageBoard. This is the one:-

http://zope.org/Members/EIONET/MessageBoard

As a newbie I'm not sure what 'integrated' means... If I have a simple
link from a menu to "messageboard" which points to the messageoard folder,
does that constitute integrated?

--
John