[Zope] Re: Plone/Zope on Debian Sarge

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue Apr 5 12:01:14 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 02:02:43PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
| The moral of this whole story seems to shine through:
|
| Don't install Zope from OS packages like debian, they never get it right
| and you will just end up getting confused ;-)

Never say never.  The problem with debian is the former zope
maintainers are no longer maintaining the packages and only very
recently has a replacement stepped up to update the packages and
resolve the outstanding issues.  The current situation is filled with
bit-rot, but before that began the packages were just fine.  It would
seem, too, that the bit-rot will recede in the near future.  In the
meantime, I would recommend using the upstream source for
installation.

-D

--
\begin{humor}