[Zope] Problem with Z Psycopg

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Tue Apr 5 18:15:26 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Jason Leach wrote at 2005-4-4 15:15 -0700:
>
>>I'm having a problem with Z Psycopg.  From time to time (quite often)
>>it looses the connection with the database and I get:
>>  Site Error
>>  An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>>  Error Type: OperationalError
>>  Error Value: no connection to the server
>

> Usually, this means that the postgres server process died...

I checked my pgsql logs, and it seemed like the zope connection was dying first,
and then later on pgsql showed an unexpected EOF.  So I don't think it's the
postgres server dying first.

>>Then I have to login then close and open the connection.  It then
>>works for a while before bailing again.
>

> I do not have to do this because "ZPsycopgDA" automatically
> reconnects when an "OperationalError" is raised.
> Thus, this is strange.

Like I mentioned in another post - it looks like that feature was removed in the
ZpsycopgDA that comes with psycopg 1.1.11 or 1.1.12  I've tried patching the
auto-reconnect back in, and so far so good.  Looks like a couple connections
recently died, but the site is still going OK.

	Barry