[Zope] Does anyone care whether we deprecate ZClasses?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:09:31 EDT 2005

> I don't know if I'm living under a rock or something, but I'm using Zope
> on and off since about 2.5.1, and I've barely heard about archetypes.
> So far I did not come across a simple introduction, tutorial,
> or even explanation of them.

The "new stuff" mentioned on this thread is the zope 3 component
architecture. With zope 2.8 it will be possible to start using the
same ideas (although not 100% compatible).

This will definitely be the new recommended way to do development, if
not in 2.8, then in 2.9, which hopefully will have great compatibilty
with zope3.

As mentioned, it is very important that the documentation get updated
to reflect this.