[Zope] Does anyone care whether we deprecate ZClasses?

Yuri yurj at alfa.it
Thu Apr 7 08:30:36 EDT 2005

> Re: [Zope] Does anyone care whether we deprecate ZClasses? To:
> cyrj at cyr.info Cc: zope at zope.org Message-ID:
> <16980.19468.403174.741954 at gargle.gargle.HOWL> Content-Type:
> text/plain; charset=us-ascii Jonathan Cyr wrote at 2005-4-6 16:06 -0400:
>
>>>... just show me how under-represented that beginner and intermediate
>>>Zope developers use this list... and then I think, perhaps there aren't
>>>any, just me and a few others... and if that's the case, Zope's screwed,
>>>and the horse I rode in on.
>>

>Do not worry too much!
>
>Jim proposed to keep ZClasses alive until (at least) Zope 2.10.
>And he asks whether there is enough interest to keep them longer...

 [...]

>In fact, I have had ten times more problems with Archetypes (which
>I use now) than with ZClasses (which I used formerly).

 Isn't Archetypes only for Plone?

 I mean, Plone is a very good *application* but I don't want to be
locked on it.

 Just release a way to convert a Zclass to a Python Product (at least
for the simplest ZClasses...).

 I'm stil stuck on convert that damn base class CatalogAware to
CatalogPathAware, just to name something (CatalogAware) which is still
there for no reason... :)