[Zope] Re: Windows compile Zope 2.8?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 19:59:42 EDT 2005

[David H, missing ISO_8859_1_Splitter.c on Windows]

[Tim, sez worked for him using WinZip 9.0 SR-1 to unpack the tarball]

[David H]
> Wow thats great.  I'll do it all over again.  Thanks for the tip (i just
> reviewed my download using Ultimate Zip (which has been reliable in the
> past) and the key files are missing.  Odd.

I don't have experience with Ultimate Zip, but I do with other archive
programs.  ISO_8859_1_Splitter.c can be "a problem" because its full
path exceeds 100 characters, and that's longer than POSIX tar allows.
Various archive programs kludge around that in various ways.  In
Linux-land, GNU tar has its own way of doing it, and I suppose (but
don't know that) GNU tar was used to build the Zope tarball.  Not all
archive programs understand GNU tar's hacks (or vice versa).

If you can't get around it, you can download ISO_8859_1_Splitter.c
directly by pointing your browser at svn.zope.org, then navigating to
it under Zope/trunk/lib/python/ (etc).