[Zope] DTML namespace problem (was: dtml-tree issue)

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Apr 11 06:50:40 EDT 2005

--On Montag, 11. April 2005 13:44 Uhr +0300 Vangelis Mihalopoulos
<mihalop at vtrip.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have focused my problem on this:
>
> having a Python Script "testScript":
> ------------------------------------
> class obj:
>  a = 1
>  b = 2
>  c = 3
>
> return obj()
> ------------------------------------
>
> and a DTML Document "testWith":
> -------------------------------
> <dtml-with testScript>
>   <dtml-var a>
> </dtml-with>
> -------------------------------
>
> when i try to view the DTML Document, i get an "Unauthorized"
> Exception.....
> I believe this has something to do with the security mechanism of Zope.
> What must i return from the Python Script in order for the DTML Document
> to work?

You should *not* define classes inside PythonScripts. PythonScripts are
stricted
and don't provide the full functionality. Either use filesystem based code
(Zope
Product) or use simple Python datatypes as dictionaries in this case.

-aj