[Zope] Full-text search in Office/PDF

Robert Sösemann robert.soesemann at goelz.com
Tue Apr 12 03:16:36 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am using a ZOPE-based application on top of the ZOPE APE (http://opensource.ca.com/projects/zopeape) persitence mechanism (sort of binary storage). So the binaries are in the normal unix file system. I now need to extend my application to allow full-text search inside binaries document of the Office Word/Excel/PPT and PDF format.

In the first step, I would be happy to find a tool/python/zope module that just tells me that a certain string is in a document, without telling me the exact place of that occurence.

Do you have solved a similar problem or know any tool to implement this functionality? I am looking forward to your questions.

Robert
PS: I have seen similar questions on other ZOPE lists, but they never had meaningful answers.
Konzeption

Gölz & Schwarz GmbH
Waltherstr. 29, 80337 München, Germany
phone: + 49 - (0)89 / 54 46 70 - 0