[Zope] METALError:incompatible version error when try to do use-macro and python script

Gautam Saha gsaha at imsa.edu
Tue Apr 12 19:20:48 EDT 2005

Hi:

I am getting a METALError when I try to do use-macro in ZPT.

Here is my code  in main_template.pt

The first  use-macro works (as I put the full macro path), But the 2nd
call does not work
and giving the error.
I am basically returning  'here/subtab/macros/tools_sub' from the
getSubTab() py
script. ( my script has one line for testing - return
'here/subtab/macros/tools_sub'

Any help to resolve this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gautam
---------------------------
Zope/Plone spec:
 Zope Version: (Zope 2.7.3-0, python 2.3.4, freebsd5)
Python Version: 2.3.4 (#2, Oct 21 2004, 17:49:27) [GCC 3.3.3 [FreeBSD]
20031106]
Plone 2.0.4

===========
Site Error

METALError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard
    * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
51, in new_publish
    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 204, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
    * Module Products.CMFCore.PortalContent, line 116, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 191, in _exec
    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 124, in pt_render
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 96, in pt_render
      <FSPageTemplate at /21cif.imsa.edu/frontpage_view used for
/21cif.imsa.edu/index_html>
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 190, in __call__
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 671, in do_useMacro
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 409, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in do_optTag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 389, in no_tag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 671, in do_useMacro
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 409, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in do_optTag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 389, in no_tag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 664, in do_useMacro

METALError: macro 'python:here.getSubTab()' has incompatible version
None, at line 88, column 4 (Also, an error occurred while attempting to
render the standard error message.)